Welcome to Year 1
Jeffers Class – Miss McCullagh Potter Class – Mrs Hutchings
LSA– Mrs Anders LSA – MrBates
Up Coming Dates
Thursday 24th October – Year 1 Celebration of Learning
Parents are invited to join Year 1 at 2:30pm to celebrate their learning about dinosaurs.
Friday 19th December – Year 1 Celebration of Learning.
Parents are invited to join Year 1 at 2:30pm to celebrate their learning about creatures under the sea.
Click the link below to see an overview of the topics we will be learning about this year in year 1
Homework is an important part of you child’s learning. Click the links below for a copy of this half term’s homework and spellings.
Reading Logs are given in on a Monday to be checked and sent home the same day.
Homework is given in on a Monday and sent home on a Wednesday.
PE for Year 1 classes are on a Thursday and Friday. PE is a very important part of our curriculum. Please make sure that your child has suitable kit and sensible PE shoes in school every week otherwise they will have to wear spare kit. Earrings must be taken out or taped over and all PE kit must have the child’s name in it.
How you can support your child at home:
- Listen to your child read at home at least 5 times a week.
- Support them to count forwards and backwards in ones to 20 and help them to recognise their numbers up to 50.
- Make sure that their numbers are written the right way round.
- Support them with practising their weekly spelling and common exception words.
- Support with weekly homework activities.
There are many sources of support on the internet. Some of the websites we recommend are:
We hope they are helpful to you and help you support your child’s learning.